Hey Guys! Today we are going to be telling you about collagen supplements and why should take them.
First, do you know that collagen has long been used in topical creams and serums? However, the more beneficial way to support your skin’s natural collagen levels is actually through supplementation? Well, it’s one of the most natural ways to look healthy and vibrant from the inside out—and very easy to incorporate into your routine. Here, everything you need to know.
Collagen is a protein — the most plentiful protein in your body. It’s in your muscles, bones, tendons, ligaments, organs, blood vessels and skin. Our body throughout our lifetime, with the purpose of helping tissues be more elastic and withstand stretching, makes collagen to help keep skin looking young and supple. It also decreases with age, and your natural levels can be depleted from environmental factors, such as sun damage and high-sugar diets.
The following are reasons why you should take collagen supplements:
- The two main layers that make up the skin are the epidermis and the dermis. The dermis contains fibroblasts, which are cells that produce elastin and collagen. For the skin to function normally and appear youthful, the structure of the dermal layer must be maintained, but as we age the structure suffers because aged Fibroblasts produce less collagen. As the production slows, collagen supplementation can help support the body’s natural production. It can manage skin wrinkling, providing the skin one of its basic ingredients to stay firm and taut.
- Collagen supports skin elasticity and potentially make fine lines appear smaller. So kiss wrinkles goodbye.
- Collagen helps maintain the integrity of your cartilage, which is the tissue that protects your joints. As the amount of collagen in your body decreases as you get older especially from the age of 25, your risk of developing degenerative joint disorders such as osteoarthritis increases. Taking collagen supplements helps improve symptoms of osteoarthritis and reduce joint pain overall.
- Taking collagen increases the strength of your nails by preventing brittleness. Additionally, it may stimulate your hair and nails to grow longer. So, this is obviously one of your answers to increasing hair length.
- Collagen can even help you manage your weight. Yes, collagen helps to turn your body into a fat-burning machine, even when you’re at rest. How cool!
So, those are the reasons why you cannot afford to sleep on collagen supplements. Adding a collagen supplement to your diet will offer a host of benefits that include healthier skin, hair, nails, gut, joints, bones, and muscles. Collagen+C Pomegranate Liquid contains the essential collagen types for the most full-body benefits and includes other actives to support hair- and skin- health, like vitamin C and biotin which will only up the benefits.
Your overall health will thank you.